View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #641
rider33
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
I use the Etymotic MC5 earbuds and they are excellent. The triple flange tips work well for noise isolation, but they end up bugging me after an hour or so. That's just me though, YMMV. I use the soft foam tips (sort of like foam earplugs for trap shooting) and find that I can ride all day in comfort with them, and the foam tips do very well at blocking noise — I'd say they're at least -33 dB.
A bit if a side-track but for what it's worth I used ER6's for years and loved them, articulate but natural sound, excellent isolation, fit under the full-face. Unfortunately, they died on the way back from Texas last year and none of the current Etymotics seem to be low enough to fit comfortably under my helmet. I'm trying a new type tho: Westone UM1's, they fit much more snugly and I think should work well tho I need some long days in the saddle to be sure.

And, back on track: I think the video review is about right. I did find, however, for sustained long distances, particularly with taller riders, the Honda seems to be bit more comfortable and you can't beat the range. It is more expensive tho you don't need too look to hard for a deal on a left over to fix that.