View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #95
Kokopelli OP
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
Yes, I have recently started doing that since reading " Guzziology" ( a good practical book). He describes the oil system as 'the sewer' .....I've always thought of it as the blood supply but it both really. He said that the filter does not need to be changed each time as it catches large particles and the smaller ones just keep on circulating in the oil.
I was down at Supercheap yesterday and picked up some Castrol 4T motorcycle oil, usually I use GTX or any cheap one as there is no clutch to worry about....but now I worry about lack of some substance that flat cam followers need and it not always there.
Hahaha, you'e read another oil thread :-). I saw that, too. I've been using GTX and other cheap 20w50 oil for years. The 1150 does not seem to mind. Did those Guzzi even have an oil filter. I thought they'd used some sort of mesh :-).

I think I'll leave the filter this time, only because I don't have one handy. I'll change at 5000km next time, because Basil only does rides with at least a gravel component.
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote