View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #18275
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post
Highlights of a tv interview with Hélder Rodrigues:

I hoped to win the Dakar, or at least to get to the podium. I wasn't happy.

I had 2 problems with gas. On the 2nd and 3rd day I ran out of fuel, and I lost 25 minutes. On the Fiambala stage I had a problem with a wire that connects the telemetry and the cdi and lost another 50 minutes. That's 1 hour and 15. To much in a race like the Dakar.

The flaws weren't too serious. They could happen next year in a more developed bike. These thinks can't happen but they did. I had bad luck.

On the sandier stages the bike did 14 L / 100 kms and we thought it would be 10 L / 100 Km. We made tests on hard terrain and not enough tests on sand.
6 month to prepare the Dakar in a new bike is too little for me and for the bike.

We had a metting after the Dakar and the big Honda bosses came. They were very happy.
Honda is already making a new bike with a new chassis and engine. All for the next Dakar. We are going to do a lot of tests, we are going to compete in almost all races of the world championship.
This is very good. It's very important for a rider to finish the Dakar and know what the next year will be like.

http://sicnoticias.sapo.pt/1974081
New bike, new chassis, new engine - WTF
too old is offline   Reply With Quote