View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #18279
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Some quotes of Ruben Faria in the portuguese press.

"I want more, of course. Every pilot's dream is to run for himself, but I was unable to date. I have a contract with KTM until later this year, but I don't have a contract yet for the next Dakar," he said.

"There was no sensation.I'm working for Cyril and I knew that the first place would not make any sense. Was a whole year to work toward a goal that was met. The Second place was a gift," he said.

"I wanted to thank Cyril Despres, who was the person who called me between 2009 and 2010 to see if I wanted to go to Dakar as 'water carrier'. My career possibly would have ended that year, since I had no sponsors to continue. He gave me a hand, "he recalled.

Moreover, Ruben Faria revealed some grief for not get any portuguese sponsoring, something that affects many portuguese athletes.
"It's a bit frustrating for all of us athletes, many of whom are my friends, and all complain of the same. Fortunately, right now I'm in a foreign team, I can not complain much, but I would like to have portuguese sponsor," he lamented .

And a video of the champagne party at the airport when he arrived.
His wife is six month pregnant and she said she followed the Dakar on a computer.
Maybe a F5 lurker...

http://sicnoticias.sapo.pt/1974175
8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote