Originally Posted by newcastleadam
Basket case woes
- Last 1/2" of spark plug threads were scragged (managed to bring them back with a tap thank doG)
- Needed rings
- Timing was incorrect (x2)
- Rings installed incorrectly
While we were in there other items got cleaned and checked too. Didn't help that along with coming in pieces that it had been stored outside at some point. We're hoping to get it running finally this weekend. Finally.
This is true, we finally got it going and here are a few pics of the process.
See the duck basket, came with the sale!
Bugs in the carb
So with a new piston, chain, sprockets, tires and used gas tank, carb, rebuilt forks among many many other pieces and trial and error we did get it going to only find the clutch pack slips and it's sloooow as hell