View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #336
therivermonster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
Your next tool is going to be a stationary buffing wheel. Try some dry fine buffeing compound. Rubbing compound is too corse. You will be able to make it as shiny as your fresh gel coat.
I actually have a stationary buffing wheel in storage somewhere. You think this will make a difference, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorite View Post
Hey Rivermonster. Good, no excellent thread considering your virtual play by play and the various inputs from others. This makes it very convenient for a noob to get started. I want to build a bash/skid plate out of composite pretty soon. Kevlar or Carbon??? Any recommendations.
Hey, meteorite! Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that there are people out there enjoying this thread as much as I am.

As for your project, just get into it! Ebrabaek has made a carbon/kevlar bashplate for his F800 that turned out awesome. Check out the build thread here.

If you have any specific questions let me know, or leat ebrabaek. We would both love to help you off to a great start.

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote