Thread: NYC commuters?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #16287
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by the schwartz View Post
Who's your paint guy (is Neftali on the forums)?

I'm POR-ing the tank from my 78 GS1000, though I've been holding off out of inertia and a vague fear of messing it up somehow.
I'd love to see a photo of the 250. Holler if you need any help as well. If it isn't too different than its big brothers, I have a ton of experience "fixing" those old zukes from my 850 (I like to think of it as learning by breaking).
BushwickKLR

Check out my writeup, it's super easy to do. This was my first time and I used EVAPORUST first which was not needed, so disregard.

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154997

Ill post some pics, I would be down to work on it asap, but I don't have time at the moment so im sending it over to a mechanic I know to get it running. The story behind it is my co-worker bought it 4 years ago from the original owner who bought it in 1974 and lived upstate, he kept it in great shape and ran it from time to time. My co-worker then ran it hard for a few years and got a divorce and left the bike at his previous wife's house for 3 years in Brooklyn. It sat there for 3 years and I just bought it. It's actually in great shape, but needs the typical things looked over etc... Ill let you know if you want to meet up one of these days, looking forward to the 2-stroke fun.