Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #27073
zouch
part-time wanderer

Oddometer: 1,633
pretty bad comparison; there's not likely to be any place in your equipment that can make as big of a difference in performance as your wheels, due to the rotating weight.

you can spend many multiples more on other parts of the bike that won't make anywhere near as much perceived difference as a good set of lighter wheels will provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
See, contrary to what most people here might assume, I'm actually quite miserly. Months ago, I balked at spending money for light weight rims, having convinced myself that the performance improvement (whatever it was) couldn't possibly justify getting rid of a set of perfectly good rims and spending an extra $500 for new ones. Luckily, I was able to get a set on loan for two weeks so I could see for myself. The difference in performance was HUGE. Not only was I able to increase my overall speed on the trails according to Strava, but also the amount of time I could ride without feeling fatigued. That why I can't take someone seriously when they make statements like, "It's %100 the rider." It's a ridiculous claim that's instantly refuted every time I ride.

'02 GS Adv
zouch is offline   Reply With Quote