View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #12
clintnz OP
Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: 3,392
The next day McCardigan split for Christchurch to get his laptop fixed while I made my way to my sister's new place at Stavely via the upholsterer in Woodend to get my pannier strap sewn up. I started out on the scenic route however, taking a few backroads south.

I crossed over the Lowry Peaks range on Kaiwara Rd which is a neat wee diversion & do-able on any adv bike.

On the eastern side the road was almost lined with wild apple trees. Mostly not quite ripe yet but I found some that were just nicely tart.

After Woodend & a beer tasting at the Brew Moon while my pannier was being fixed I cruised down the inland scenic route to Stavely where my earthquake refugee Sister & Bro-inlaw have just bought a cool house on a few acres. My Mum was visiting also so it was great to catch up.

My plans of exploring the hills in the area were washed out by the rain that came down in buckets all the next day, so I opted for playing with the nephews, reading on the couch in front of the fire (yes it currently is the middle of summer here ) & fitting up my new tyre that had been delivered to there.

It is the first Motoz tyre I have tried & the Tractionator HT performed really well for the rest of the trip & still has a ride or 2 left in it.

Cheers
Clint

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is offline   Reply With Quote