Thread: New Raga
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,146
First off the dealer is supposed to be setting up the bike! Secondly is this your first spainish bike. It seems I`ve seen your comments before so I doubt it. The intake manifold baffles me as I can`t remember that on a new bike. The gunk in the carb is just old fuel. The inlet to the carb has always sucked! These are minor things! I`ve seen bikes not shift or not run, which is a lot worse. Have you had a pro before? Not being smart, the pro`s quality has always sucked but they sure work good when running.
I checked and saw you had an `04 raga. I thought I`d remembered that! Seems the `04 that my son rides the inlet boot fits better than the newer one`s! Hopefully you have the old bike still so you can steal the master cylinders if need be. Buying a Pro has always been a crap shoot. Either you have a good one or a money pit! Take it you got it from Carlton. Both Gas Gas and Sherco are in a mess with the formula stuff. Check out the top riders bikes, most have stole the Ajp`s off their old bikes!
Hope things work out! Good thing you did go over it good though!
So are you as anal as me? Anti-sieze on every spoke nipple. (Only if I plan on keeping a bike).

lineaway screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 05:01 AM
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote