View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #73305
motolab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
I hate to kick up a contentious subject once it's started to calm down a bit but in catching up with everything I've missed over the past couple weeks while work took over my life, I noticed that there was talk of Derek looking for a local candidate for some DR650 tuning tests. In case my reply was missed when this was discussed in December:

"I'm not sure what tests you'd like to run, but I'll offer up my bike in the name of science. I live only a short drive away in SF and I have ~16K miles on the odo, GSXR exhaust, Kientech midpipe, stock header pipe with ground weld, open top air box with K&N filter (also have the stock filter on hand), relatively fresh spark plugs, fuel filter, DJ kit, and only ~1500 miles on the slides in the carb. I bought those from you just a few months ago Derek at the same time I did a complete carb rebuild. I also have on hand an mx_rob FCR that I've been trying to find time to install. I could bring that along or come back after I install it to see what numbers change if that interests you."

The only thing I'd add based on recent discussions is that I do not have a non-USA OEM needle available.

-Mike
This is a topic that does interest me, but with my current work load I don't think it would be in the cards anytime soon.

Regards,

Derek
motolab is offline   Reply With Quote