View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #340
therivermonster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusgatos View Post
Way to go! Love that you're diving into all this, and am learning a lot from following this thread.
Thanks, jesus! Like lots of things in life, if you don't just go ahead and do it, you'll never do it. If you fail, try it again a different way and learn from mistakes.

Thanks for checkin' in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
I can't tell if you did, but get a roller to spread the resin out. If you're pulling 25+ on the vacuum, you shouldn't get "much" cavitation. You can just roll slowing also. The break even cost for infusion is a 24'+ boat hull. For these sizes, a proper bag will do.
I brushed the resin on for this first set of deflectors. I have yet to use a roller on any of my projects, but I should give it a try. Using a roller may keep the bubbles down to a minimum I suspect.

Beech, do you mean that you have to infuse a 24' boat hull to break even on cost vs income on the part?

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote