View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #73305
planemanx15
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Childers View Post
I've finished my header grind, GSXR muffler conversion and my stock carb Procycle jet and needle kit with air box cut out, oh yeah and a K&N filter. What are the stock numbers for the bike and what should I see typically with these mods? A better carburetor is on my list for the future but out of the budget for know.

I'm still snowed in so I can't go out and do my "seat of the pants dyno" ride I usually do after work like this and the suspense is killing me!
According to these graphs: (Procycle, I hope you don't mind, if you do just PM me and I'll clean up the post)

And

You should be seeing around 36 hp and 32 ft/lbs. when I uncorked my dr, and jetted it properly, (stock exhaust, cut-top air box, KNN filter) it felt like it ran crisper with more low end power. When I did the carb upgrade, that was the most noticeable increase in pep. It almost has that fuel injection, instant power feel. I recently did the hayabusa muffler upgrade, and I haven't been able to ride enough to pin point my jetting properly, so I can't comment on how much different that feels. The exhaust note is much better, I can tell you that!
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote