View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #4358
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,104
Thanks for the examples. My '06 Uly is now the "short-haul" bike, and every time the MTS1200S is started it is ridden for a "reasonably long" distance. Like this morning: yay, it's in the 30s out (not the 20s as usual)...great day for a 350-mile ride! Supposed to get up to mid-50s (deg F of course).

My winter commute (5 miles...bike never gets fully warmed up) has been hard on more than one of my bikes. Heck, it's hard on me...or rather, it used to be .

I'll have to admit that in my 43,000 miles of accumulated MTS12 mileage (13K on one, 30K on the other) the engine has been absolutely troublefree. That's why I'm hoping for 100K miles on the thing. Hopefully get well past 50K miles by the end of the summer.

Then next year if I (and the bike) can stay healthy I'll really try to do some riding...

--Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
...Overall: Ducati technicians commented after the teardown of a 1098 that the bike had been used "primarily in short-haul operation", and from other comments it appears these test bikes do lots of commuting and are not spared during cold German winters. Tough tests, then. A high proportion of the bikes pulled down exhibited wear marks on the big-ends...

after reading all this guff my confidence in the build quality of the Multi has risen.
1991 Honda Hawk NT650 (commuter)
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote