View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #12985
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 977
Gs 911

I have not seen any of you mention carrying a GS 911 to figure out and even reset certain GS fault codes. I considered bringing one on this trip but could not find a small PC in a timely fashion, they don't work with Apple. I am a mechanical ignoramus when it comes to my 1150 GS and just hope that I don't have any trip stopping problems. What many of you say about mechanical issues is certainly worth hearing. Mike Mike's words about having to stash the bike somewhere and ride a chicken bus are not taken lightly. That said I would rather have a breakdown in Mexico where there are chicken buses, there are places to stash your bike, and some kind of help can be found. In the Four Corners of the SW there are no chicken buses, there is no water, there is no place to stash your bike, people do not stop to see if you need help, there is no water, if you do stash your bike some moron with a pistol of rifle might put a few holes in it just because its there, there is no water, and... did I mention it? There is no water, just you, your feet and a long, hot dusty road.