View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #524
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
Ok, so I'm lazy. This is cut and pasted from another thread. It's my night ride from the other night:

Well here are some pics of the Squadron. Pictures do no justice. This light is freaking amazing! When used with the Double Strykr helmet light it blazes the trail.

Squadron

Squadron and Double Strykr compared to a halogen on DRZ

Single track Squadron

Single track Squadron and Double Strykr

Random pics

And lets not forget my close call with a tree next to the side of the mountain!

Keep in mind it was a cloud cover and pitch black the other night. Another thing to remember is proper aiming of the Squadron is the key. I had a hell of a time getting it to aim just right.

To make it easier for the next guy here is what you do: install the light with the two bottom bolts removed. Tilt at your liking. Mine is setup the old school way. Took a measurement from ground to center of light. Go against a wall, make a mark 2" lower than your first measurement, bring the lamp back 17 feet or so from the wall. Top of beam "circle" should be just below, even or higher than the mark on the wall. Test ride and adjust to your preference.

I actually trimmed back the mask "ears" and got the lamp closer with plenty of clearance from wires etc:

Don't laugh too hard about the bags. I have a bag everywhere I could fit one including a 6 liter "tree hugger" collapsible fuel cell. My Beta is a fully self contained adventure bike.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!

ballisticexchris screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 11:36 AM
ballisticexchris is online now   Reply With Quote