View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #255
Tim_Tom
Riding an' Wrenching

Oddometer: 182
First I want to thank you for taking the time to do this RR. I found and read through the whole thread this afternoon. I love the fact that you did this ride on what many people would consider such an 'bad' choice of adventure bike. It just proves that the bike doesn't make the adventurer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffntuff View Post
Regardless of the lesser perks and luxuries the Radian had, I still loved it more. I loved it for its individuality, for its fortitude, and its constancy on indefinite terrain. All the imperative things necessary for such a trip existed despite what it was made for almost thirty years ago. And, I got it for $1000.
Like you I ride an old UJM. A 30 year old Suzuki. Bought it because that was all I could afford on the college student budget. Kept it because now it is MY bike and I will never see anyone else riding one just like it. Also I've found it to be a very capable motorcycle. Sort of ironic considering these bikes were a dime a dozen when new. But now they possess an honesty that modern bikes don't have.

Alaska is on my list, and was planned for last summer; but I only had a three week window and so settled for simply a coast-to-coast-to-coast ride. Your report is really making me wish I stretched those three weeks into five weeks and made it to Alaska.

Keep the report coming please. Your story is wonderful.
Tim_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote