View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #13
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 7,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Correct.

The "passport" is not a national park pass. It is just a sales gimmick that you can get stamped at certain features in certain parks. I think its mainly fun for kids. Helps to keep their interest and focus.

Guess my wife and I are still kids, then . . . . .we dig using the passport, and the pic of me getting my Senoir Pass last summer at Zion is a treasure, far as I'm concerned.

If you enjoy souveniers, most to the National Parks I've seen in the last 10 years or so sell bandanas . . .. and what rider couldn't use another bandana?

Additionally, stamping the passsport means you go into the visitor cernter, and learn about some of hte programs offered . . . .we never would have known about the stargazing talk at Bryce if we'd not gone in . . . and it was a highlight of our visit.
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote