Old 01-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #187
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
1) Have you checked out this thread?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=32

I've seen Matthew's bike bounce a few times skipping across the trail. No issues. They are pretty tough. Crash bars are a nice custom build if you have long legs and like to use highway pegs, that's why I build crash bars for mine originally. That's the only way I could get across the plains to the good stuff.

For reference.

OEM tanks+ crash bars = Safari Tanks w/o protection. So for all those that think these are super wide, they just look fat....

CJ or others that have done this. What does it take to get a set of stout crash bars made to fit with the Safari tank?

I have to ask, as the shop I visit is trying to talk me out of a Sarafi tank due to crash bar removal. After 3 sets of bars replaced on 2 different 990s they think I am hard on things.

The slower off road dumps I am not not as concerned with. Is the old lady's taking the bike out from under you. Oh and my stupid slidding it down the pavement at a moderate rate of speed I am more concerned about. And as CJ said I like using the crash bars as an alternative foot rest on the ride from Arkansa to Colorado, or other destinations that take me out of the hills and curves down here.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions on best ways to add crash bars with the Safaris as I already have the tanks ordered.
terrascout is offline   Reply With Quote