View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #14
pfdskipper OP
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepetrueba View Post
looking forward to a picture at night.

Last question is who fabricated your side aluminum mounts and if there is some templates to follow?,
I like your simplicity and well executed installation without damaging original plastic speedometer shell which i believe will probably be a NLA item since bike is discontinued at such replacement parts will start drying up??
I tried to snap a few pics. In my opinion, the photos do not give a realistic representation of the actual illumination.
First pic is my stock Super Enduro light on high beam.

Next is the high beam , all lights ablaze. The sahuaro cactus closest to the camera is at 40 yrds, the middle cactus is 90 yrds away, and the cactus at the end of the lighting is 300 yrds away. The tree on the right side of the pic seems to have blocked the camara from picking up quite a bit of the area illuminated. It is now raining in the desert so no more pics tonight.

The obligatory blurred bright light shot.

As far as a template goes, I suppose I could walk you through my process. Shoot me a pm if you are serious about making something similar. I am not so savy with cad drawings, I should have taken photos through the process to show the components as they were assembled....but I did not. Next time I need to take the tower apart I will document the process and share.
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote