Originally Posted by godwinmt
Working on the first iteration of a tower for the WRR. Still need to add in various switches/work on packaging/lightening, but it's getting there. Looking forward to seeing how light+rigid I'll be able to make it with a bit of FEA
Are you planning on relocating the key barrel? I decided to leave mine in place for my WR250R, that seemed to be a big limitation on how the stem mount was designed. Something to keep in mind...
Heres some of my latest pics.
- Side plates are 8mm HDPE
- 20mm square tube & delrin spacers in between
- 20mm diameter delrin spacers for the top headlight mount.
- Bottom headlight bracket milled from 30mm delrin round bar (certainly did that the hard way) but learned something
- WR450F headlight (mask is a bit bigger than the 250R)
- brake line relocated over the mudguard
- zeta hand guard signals installed into barkbuster guards
- stock wiring plus power lead from the battery runs through a cutout on the left side plate and inbetween the two plates
Still need to sort out the electrics for the nav gear but stock wiring is connected.