View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #53
Sutherngintelmen OP
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeckm View Post
That photo of the lower bearing race makes it look VERY (what's the proper word?) dimpled....

I think if you put in new bearings/races and lots of thick sticky grease your problems of tight/loose will go away.

The photo makes the race look bad indeed - and it will be replaced as new bearings come with. It is mostly optical though. Both top and bottom look the same but I'm unable to detect deformation by feel - perfectly smooth to the touch. Coming out though - shmancy pants race puller came in the mail yesterday - guess I should list it in ATL area tool loaner thread.

Speaking of tools - got to use my new 36mm socket 3 times yesterday - woot!

Going to pile on the wheel bearing grease - I believe the root of bad feel steering was lube lacking and all will be perfect soon - assuming I can reasemble the beast that is.

Fork oil drip drained overnight and I've captured 8ozs in each leg so that's what's going in.

There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote