View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #541
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I don't shoot 223 that often.....about 8 years ago I bought 1,500 rounds for $23 per 500....still working on it.

I have been reloading what I shoot, so I am no where near into that stash.....I am ready for zombies
I have about 2K rounds of store-bought 223 stashed away, bought it years ago, haven't fallen victim to the current feeding-frenzy, nor to the one in '08-09. I shoot it some, but not at a real rapid rate, so this would last me for a while. I do handload and have loaded 223, but not too much lately simply because I find futzing around with leetle beety boolits and brass to be something of a PITA with my big clumbsy sausage fingers. I've got several thou brass cases, however, and am thinking that maybe I'll start handloading up a bunch to while away the cold winter nights.

Re the ammo shortage, this one surpasses the one in '08-09 by far, at least with respect to 223. I was in a big shop the other evening and even their premium brands of 223 were completely sold out, there wasn't a single round in the store. Previously I remember not being able to find the FMJ inexpensive stuff, but the more spendy ammo was still obtainable. Not anymore, at least not around here.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote