View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #33
miguelito OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Thanks Gadgetboy! I' m using my kindle to logon, and it is fully functional on ADV.

I just rode from San Miguel to Xilitla for an overnight with some friends two days ago. A few notes: The Hotel San Ignacio isdoing a booming business with moto tourers, as Elena showed me the guest book and pointed out about 4 different groups that had stayed there in the past couple of days. Then she told me the rate had increased frum 225 p per night to 300. I tried to get the old rate, but she wouldn' t budge. Bummer.

On the ride back yesterday we stopped for gas in Pena Blanca, on Rt. 120 between Pinal de Amoles and Toliman. We decided . to get a taco, and stopped at La Estacion. I was blown away by ttheir collecion de cervezas. Prolly about 40 imports and microbrews, and reasonably priced at 30 pesos, which is about what you would pay for a Victoria in downtown San Miguel. We met two other gringo cyclists there, one on a black 2009 VStrom 1000 from Canada, and the other from Alabama, (I think), on an Aprillia Caponord.

I' m typing this on my kindle fire and can't easily upload pics. I' ll try disabling adblock per gadgetboy' s suggestion and upload later.Oki
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote