View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #13445
ztrab
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Mexico

Just back from a solo, two up ride through Baja with my wife. 1700 miles, no mass shootings. Baja is safer now than it has been in a decade, not that it was dangerous then, all things being equal. I have also soloed with my wife several times to Creel/Batopilas using a lot of lesser traveled roads, no problems. I have been traveling in Mexico for 50 + years, own a home just south of Puerto Penasco, so I might be biased or ignorant but I can only speak from my actual experiences in Mexico. Like any place on the planet, there are some comon sense guidelines to follow. If you are in the Anchorage area, you should try to get in touch with Vinney aka Crashmaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRider View Post
Thanks. You are preaching to the choir I have long agreed with what you say since my best friend died in an auto wreck down there about 6 years ago.
But I saw a few messages on this thread about guys riding to Pto Peņasco solo and so I thought I would run it by you.

I am not looking for a great adventure, just wanting some warm weather and cold beer.

Thanks again for taking the time to caution me.
05 ZX 10 Track bike - (see above)
06 GSXR 600 Track Bike -ditto above :-)
06 525 EXC
06 525 EXC motard
07 12 GS for Jr. with a brand new motor12/09!
06 525 EXC for Jr., new motor, ugh
09 690 Enduro R... I know, I know
ztrab is offline   Reply With Quote