View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #890
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,351
No disrespect intended, but who the fuck cares what 'Flug thinks?

Anyhoo, in watching RC dominate for a long while, and then JS coming up, there was a lot of excitement in the sport around what would happen ... would JS dethrone RC, and all that.

JS never did in MX. Sure, he won a few races here and there, often times they would split motos, but JS never came close to taking a title away from RC in when it came to series points. What JS did, was provide a whole lot of excitement, though, many motos were decided by a scant few seconds. Meanwhile, 3rd place was 40 seconds back. JS challenged RC in ways that no one else did. But even so, was not quite enough. RC always found a way to come up with a little more speed when he needed it. I think it totally crushed the confidence of his competition.

However, that last year that RC raced, I think it was 2007, I feel JS pretty much out rode RC in SX (not MX). Of the 7 rounds that RC rode in that series (partial because he retired mid-season), JS won 5 of those rounds between them, RC won 2. In one of those rounds, JS and Reed took each other out, which handed that one to RC, otherwise might have been 6 to 1.

So while RC was clearly dominant in MX, I feel JS was beginning to get there in SX. Unfortunately, RC retired from MX/SX early (27 years old, I think), and never gave a chance for JS to prove it. But there was nothing anyone could ever prove in MX when it came to RC - RC was pure poetry in MX, no one has ever come close to his level, for an entire series, as RC. No one that raced against him, anyway. Not even JS.

Who the fuck cares what nobrakes, thinks either.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is online now   Reply With Quote