View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #35
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,380
Dislocated my left shoulder at work in 1993 and tore the labrum. Rehabbed the rotator cuff due to employer not wanting to have surgery done. Dislocated the shoulder again later, employer still wouldn't do surgery. Ended up having it done 2008 on my benefits and vacation time. 5 anchors put in.

Tore my labrum and bicep in my right shoulder November 2011 during a dual sport event. Had surgery last February. Three anchors put in as well as shaving of bone spurs.

Broke my left fibula riding gravel road in W. VA last April while still rehabbing the right shoulder. Crutches prolonged the rehab.

Recovery time after SLAP repair can take a year. It's very painful after surgery and motion is virtually non-existant. Follow the Doctor's orders and do the physical therapy. You should be able to ride with little to know problems. Expect some pain while riding though. Just strengthen the rotator cuff as much as possible without re-injuring it.

I'm still riding though. Rehab is your friend.
MySPOT

RandoCommando screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 12:30 PM Reason: Fixed spelling error and added month of April for broken bone.
RandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote