View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #3042
michigan400
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dljocky View Post
I'm not mechanical at all, but I know I need some AUX lights for my DR650. I'm confused as to how they hook up? Is there a way that I can hook them up so that the AUX lights, when turned on, stay on whether or not I'm running low or high beams? Does one need the "dimmer" switch? Does this dimmer work like the dimmer switch in a car, or is there something else to it, ie, like a dimmer switch a person migh put on their wall switch for a dinning room light?

I was thinking of the getting the Model 30, but since the M61 has come out, I'm now thinking about this. I wonder if I would need a dimmer with the M61's as they put out less light? I'm trying to keep the cost down, while just increasing my night time safety. When I'm riding with my DR650 lights on bright, I almost have sufficient light, so I'm thinking just a bit more and I would be good. Thanks all.
You can hook them up to work any way you prefer. You would only need a off/on switch of some kind if you want them seperate from main headlight. The dimmer would simply reduce power to the lights,, dimming them in increments. You would pick a setting for dim, and then you switch to high beam they go to full power.

I have a set of m61's coming now and also a model 30 that I've had for a while. I know the 30 is 1500 raw lumen and the 61 is only 900 but due to the much larger single reflector I expect the single 61 will be equal to or greater than a single 30 in terms of useable light. Maybe sanjoh can comment on that better than me. Just my 2 cents.
michigan400 is offline   Reply With Quote