View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Britome OP
Get Free

Oddometer: 1,065
Story of Rebuilding a Totaled 2006 GSA

I'm going to catalog all that is being done on my son's GSA. It was a low side on ice that resulted in no human Damage but enough bike damage to warrant the insurance totaling the bike.

I took the price of the bike including 5k of farkles minus the buy back of the salvaged bike for $2,600. I also had to get a salvage title.

First step was to peel away all that was broken. Then to make my parts list. I got some used stuff off eBay and ordered the rest of the parts. There are sure to be more part orders to follow.

New beak ordered from Beemer boneyard after the front frame assembly was bent back into acceptable shape with a crow bar.

valve cover cracked. These two holes had to filled with a helo coil and surrounded with epoxy.

Now waiting for the first round of parts to be delivered. If you have tips, I'm all ears. Meanwhile I'm hoping to help someone in the future who may encounter a similar challenge. Thus far the financial models are heavily in my favor.

We bought the bike from a good friend so we know all the history. Currently has 61k on the odometer.

Britome screwed with this post 02-28-2013 at 08:00 AM Reason: Better Title
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote