View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
Dr Klaun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
These: pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2579c91aa3&vxp=mtr

They look like a good bang for the buck conspicuity light. My question is can the handlebar clamp be removed and replaced with a DIY bracket for mounting them differently?
This looks like the same clamp that comes on the "Sanjoh" Chicom LED lights. The clamp can be removed. The clamps that came with mine are too small to mount on the bike anyways, unless to a handlebar upper crossbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvscrvs View Post
2allbuyer on ebay has a number of led lights with different mounting options for sale on ebay.... look very much like the lights that sanjoh sells here in the vendor section
I have a set of these - I believe all of these are from the same source in China. There have been many Ebay sellers of these along with a couple of folks in the Vendors section selling these same lights.

I've been running a pair on my Husky and they work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbsdave View Post
I had a pair of these in red. They are very directional. I know led's are directional but these were near useless unless seen from exactly the right angle.
The OP choice would be better and there are several available up to 3000 lumens from different ebay sources.
I believe the add states these as a "spot" pattern, which would mean they should be very directional. For the price, it would be interesting to find out how they perform!

96 R1100RSL (red)
08 TE610
Dr Klaun is offline   Reply With Quote