Old 01-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
Dustodust OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by procycle View Post
Bump...
thanks for asking

I used the hacked down taped up stock short screen for years because I ride the 950 extreme off road and a stock tall screen is very scary at 90mph on a desert road when encountering a panic G-out, or when doing a hill climb, riding the 950 in sand also requires getting way forward

I am working on a larger version but I would not want to make the top part in all carbon. It would be clear Lexan because safety is a big concern of mine I dont think it should restrict view
I did a lot of testing and found that wider is what works better than taller for protection from the wind
a dilemma I have for a taller design is that
I also believe that tall is excellent for on hiway but for off road should be able to be folded down out the way for off road safety, and that effects the "pretty factor", which seems to be what most people want . Personally my priority is OFF ROAD function and safety
I just believe the 950 is designed for 50% off road and it belongs off road so I just cant bring myself to design something for on road for this machine, its hard enough for me to strive for pretty
Im also sad that KTM cancelled the 950 SE and is moving more towards the street

Dustodust screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 10:16 PM
Dustodust is offline   Reply With Quote