View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #37
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Or ride it to South America with a 690 engine. Swap consumables and engine, race, then reswap and ride home.
Hee hee - funny you should say that!

Certainly the plan this year is for me to ride the 450 to the Hellas Rally and back - that is from the UK down to Italy to get the ferry, race the event, and then ride it home again - to really prove the point that this engine is going to be ultra reliable!

Similarly, I have a plan for the US bike too - once that is built up (in San Francisco), I'd like to run a dual-sport fund raiser weekend - some riding, AV presentation, raffle, that kind of thing...

Then the idea is ride the kitted bike right across the USA - Nevada, Utah, Colorado etc etc. and end up on the east coast where we'll ship the bike to the UK (it's no cheaper to send it from the east coast, but hell, the journey will be fun!) - and chatting with Ron at KTM Twins recently, he suggested we put together a series of fund-raiser rides/evenings en route - for bike clubs and ADVriders etc?

It would be great to think people would turn out and support the cross-country ride - even ride along for some of it?

I've ridden across the USA twice now, including the Trans-Am Trail, the Sierras, Moab, Rockies etc. so I'm sure I can put a corking route together!

It will be a fantastic way to bed the bike in, and a great way to meet supporters on the way - particularly as I really want to help promote the whole Dakar thing in the US for 2014...

So if anyone is able to help out with suitable venues etc in that regard, please do get in touch of course!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is online now   Reply With Quote