View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #38
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyns View Post
Ok, cool.

Interesting to see how this 4 50 project compares to the factory 450rr, power / weight wise.
For sure bit more weight, but maybe not too much difference.

And good luck for your Dakar race.
Yes - one of the things we are hoping to get together is a back to back test with a 450RR (hmmmmm, now who do I know in the UK with one of those then?!), just to see how they ride in comparison... I'll be writing a series of features in the UK press over this coming year, and certainly I think that would make a good story?

Of course we are not expecting to have the same outright performance as a Factory 450 - but we are confident that it will be putting out pretty much the same power as a typical enduro 450cc engine - so we'll be in the ball-park at least.

I expect the LC4-50 with the Rally Raid Evo2 kit will weigh in the region of 10Kg more than a factory bike - not a huge amount, and it should be pretty unbreakable which is the key thing - after all, I'm only looking for a solid finish, not to prove anything other than we can engineer a bike, and prove it's worth by getting it to the end of the race with hopefully as little mechanical interference as possible!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote