View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
LisaS OP
Dubious Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
New Clarke gas tank was installed. Not crazy about the color on the natural, but I do very much like being able to see the fuel level. One of the goals of this bike for me is to keep the bike as light as possible- so If we are not going far, I can put in just enough fuel to get the job done!

Relocating the horn was the toughest part of this- overall this was a very easy mod.

Nothing like a complete list of instructions- the bike seems to run ok, so I guess #6 could not have been too important!

TaaDaa!

Also installed a new roomier tool tube- Shoein has these on a couple of his bikes and they work great. He fabricated a bracket for me made from a piece of 3/16" thick aluminum plate cold forged over the anvil. Here it is ready to go on:

The diameter is just a tidge over three inches- a little too small for a rear tube, but can fit a front tube and tire spoons.....

and all of the stock toolkit as well! I am going to make a list of all the fasteners on the bike and arrange a new toolkit so I will only carry what I need for trailside repairs.
tent space
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote