View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #133
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooktown Geezer View Post
I was reading the BMW owners forum regarding the new scoots, and the oil leak was a topic of discussion over there too. If you are considering one, you might want to read the comments over there.

Also, there is info and there are some pics of the weeping problem here:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/bmw-c-650-gt/blog.htm
Correctamundo! I saw the posts there a few days ago and then I see at the open house the demo scooter is doing the same thing, not dripping on the ground on this scooter but coating the edges around where the case splits, collecting dirt and making a nice dark stain along the length of the mating surfaces. I talked to the sales guy and indicated my interest before I saw the weeping. They have a black one on the floor, no miles and it is just stunning, but I have a strong feeling it will do the same. This seems to be a very common problem. I am going to have to let him know I will pass right now. On the plus side the C650 is an amazing ride, with a decent seat it would be a mile eater. We left the dealer on the 40 mile demo ride and made our way through about 5 stop lights. I used the red light down time to figure out how to reset the trip meter, which also resets the average mpg reading. Not sure how accurate it is but the remaining 38 miles produced a 51 mpg readout. Note to demo ride leader, let the buyer find out the seat sucks after they buy the scooter. Maybe 95% of all bikes/scooters have crappy seats, at least according to my butt meter, 40 miles will get my butt burning on just about any factory seat.

I sat on the BV for about half an hour on the center stand and it probably is too cramped for my size.

andoulli screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 06:06 PM
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote