View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #7387
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'B View Post
Yes but at that price you could get a new shock and a set of marzocchi sliders and still be ahead! I bought mine of off Boise craigslist 2009 abs under 2000 miles for 5 grand a year and a half ago. The only reason this bike did not catch on is the price new. It contained a lot of high quality thought and eng. Now that they are totally dissmissed you can pick up one for a steal . It is a bike that takes some investment to bring it into its own. But admit it this thing runs like a little raped ape!!!
I got my 07 with ABS for $5k and that was 3 years ago! Back then that was a steal so that's why now I say it is fair and not a steal. Price wise. (being picky here). So yeah putting $1k just into a shock... well could be worse.

At first I hated the seat on the 07 simply because of the bucket seat feel and no way to slide backwards. Now I actually think it is very comfortable and although I'd like to adjust fore and aft on it, it hasn't been a big enough issue to compell me to do so. I also stand up a lot. Now the 09 seat is much thinner and from the little time I've sat on one, well it seems a lot more uncomfortable, I assume from having much less padding/cushioning.

p.s. CloggyMan you forgot to tell us how much you LOVE your 2 XCountry's.. remember that's what you're supposed to do at this point

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote