View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #69
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TheQuadShop View Post
That's od, I've never had any of the problems that your describing with Navigon or the iPhone. I've had them both since they were first released.
Yeah, it's weird. I'm certainly not alone in my complaints on the iPhone, as I tried searching for answers to my problems on the internet and found lots of other people complaining about the same things. However, I also know most others have had no problems at all. I must have just had bad luck with getting two in a row with the same damn problems.

My routing problems seem extremely common though. I spent some time on the Navigon forums (well, a subforum of a gps forum) trying to get answers to my routing woes. It seems that the best answer available on those forums is that strange routing is just simply more common on Navigon than most other major GPS systems. I noticed an immediate improvement with Sygic over Navigon once I switched. I realize that every GPS will give bad routes from time to time, but the frequency with which I got them with Navigon was much more than with previous Garmin and TomTom units I've owned prior and so far with the Sygic.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote