View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #184
GAS GUY OP
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,890
Pro Taper and Vibranators

I found the handlebars were tweaked so after some time considering different bends I ordered a set of Pro Taper seven eights ATV MID bars.

I wanted the taller ATV High but I didn't like the pullback on them.I am also using 1" risers so the mids will work out well.

I also ordered a set of Vibranators, I figured I can use all the help I can get taming the thumper vibrations.

After considering the options I felt the $10.00 extra for the threaded set that comes with a 5/8 tap to thread the 14 mm ID of the pro taper bars was well worth it.

I'm very impressed with the solid installation of the threaded set, and feel it is much nicer than dealing with the traditional wedge hardware with barkbusters, since now your barkbusters thread into the end of the vibranators with the included bolts.

On the threaded kit, the ends stick out 1" ,so if you want your bars the same width you have to cut an inch off of your bars.

I wanted some extra room for my hands, especially when wearing heavy gloves, so I didn't cut the bars.Now I will have an extra inch of room between my barkbusters and my hand.
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/

GAS GUY screwed with this post 12-08-2013 at 03:01 PM
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote