View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #32749
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
Interesting point. A lot of the miles I will be riding are on bombed out post-recessionary pavement.

This is why I was thinking 19/17. But, it may still be a wacky idea on a WRR. I guess I could get a second set of 21/18 wheels and mount less aggressive tires. Input welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

17's front and rear are great, no real reason not to go with them. Fantastic turn in, tons of traction with good rubber, more fun than is probably legally allowable in California, NY, and Illinois especially in any sort of urban setting. They're not even as bad as they should be off-road, even with true street sport tires. I was initially extremely bored with my WR250R until I turned it into an X, and the X change really made it a different motorcycle. Seriously, the full monty supermoto conversion turns a nice dual sport into the ultimate urban commuter hooligan machine. Just don't expect the tires to last any longer...

Either set of wheels can take you anywhere you want to go after all... just outside of Deadhorse on the Dalton highway back in June

Or with the wheels it came with, on the beach in Ocracoke, Outer Banks, NC.

Or exploring the Appalachian Mountains back when she was a much newer bike

skierd screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 09:21 PM
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote