View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #9
nbsdave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Klaun View Post
This looks like the same clamp that comes on the "Sanjoh" Chicom LED lights. The clamp can be removed. The clamps that came with mine are too small to mount on the bike anyways, unless to a handlebar upper crossbar.

I have a set of these - I believe all of these are from the same source in China. There have been many Ebay sellers of these along with a couple of folks in the Vendors section selling these same lights.

I've been running a pair on my Husky and they work well.

I believe the add states these as a "spot" pattern, which would mean they should be very directional. For the price, it would be interesting to find out how they perform!

Matt, my post refers to the lights in the quote to which I replied, not the ones to which you refer
I stand by my observation on the lights I referenced.
Whether spot or flood, led's are directional- spot/flood is the beam pattern, not the ability of the light to be seen from side angles.
That is not a big deal if the lights are used to provide visibility for the rider. it is a huge deal if the led's are being used to be seen by others, especially brake and to some degree, running lights.

nbsdave screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 04:51 AM Reason: correct
nbsdave is offline   Reply With Quote