View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:09 AM   #24
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Riders View View Post
...but it looks like they're riding on mountain bike trails. I know around me there are some dirtbikers who do that and they absolutely trash the trails because all the jumps and berms are designed for mountain bikes, and a lot of what they were on while on that singletrack looked like it was mountain bike sized...
Looks can be decieving

Don't assume anything based on looks. I'm totally about responsible trail use but I haven't heard of on instance where MC riders have been able to officially reclassify a mtn bike trail, on the other hand it's not uncommon for the opposite to occur. There was an effort by the Mtn Bike crowd and outfitters to reclassify the Soverign Trail in Moab to Mtn Bike only, luckily sensible minds prevailed, esp since this classic singletrack has been a MC trail for years before the Mtn Bikers "discovered" it. Your mtn bike crowd should work together with the dirt bike groups in your area if they aren't already, lots more effective than pointing fingers.

Yup, we have our share of jerkoff MC riders who ignore the rules but I've managed to run into more than my share of self righteous MTN bike riders that seem to think all singletrack should be theirs exclusively.

300s Rip!

Great Vid! Wish I could ride half as good as those guys.

RideFreak screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 06:18 AM
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote