View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #28
Bikaholic51
Electric Kaiser

Oddometer: 420
[QUOTE=jc9995;20551564]Long story short... I have an acquaintance that found out that I like BMW's... he says, "You should buy my old bike". I laugh, he looks serious. "Come, let me show you" he says as he walks to the garage.
76' R100RS in pristine condition. Hasnt been riden in about 10 years... the throttle stuck while he was on it with the misses on the back. He was able to get it under control, but that was the end of his riding.

So he tells me to make him an offer.

Whats this thing worth?

Being a guy that likes a deal I would offer low. Say 1K and see what he comes back with. He may just be looking for room in his garage and want to give it to a freind. Let him come back with a price if he wants more or is very serious about selling. He may be teasing you. Let us know how it goes.

I love having bikes fall in your lap. I bought a R75/5 back in 98. A friend told me about it sitting in a garage at a house he was working at. hidden behind and under the construction material. I picked it up for $1200. It was a 72 Toaster with Under (yes under) 1,800 miles. He bought it new and trailered it to Colorado and traveled with it and his bride for a honeymoon trip. Only road it a couple of times after that. SCORE

88 R100RT-82 R100S-72 R75/5-70 R75/5 hack
Bikaholic51 is offline   Reply With Quote