View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #7386
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by squizzy View Post
Hi Guys, just bought a 08 xcountry. No abs. The guy I bought it off had not ridden it for 12 months. Only done 8700 klms. Condition is not too bad, considering it has just been sitting in his shed. First thing will be oil and filter change and general check over. Tyres (tourances) look a bit hard, but will wait a while before changing. Comes with windscreen, bashplate, tankbag and tailbag with rack. Bought it to ride on day rides where I think my F650 (800) would not be as much fun. My wife can have a ride when she wants too (maybe)! Going by some of the posts, I might ride it more than the 800! Anything else I should be looking at maintenance wise considering it has been sitting around? Looking at making up racks to carry a couple of rotopax fuel containers. I was thinking a 3.8 litre container each side. Throwover panniers maybe over the top if required for a trip. Seem feasible, or too much for the subframe? Where can I get a service manual, or it is it pretty straightford? Thanks for any info.
Please check out the Sticky under Thumpers for the Bike Specific Index thread for the the G650X bikes to answer pretty much all of your questions.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote