View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #105
ShawnWorks OP
Rock on!!!

Oddometer: 242
Kevin Ash

Friends,

My apologies on the delay in my reply. This experience has been quite a rollercoaster, and upon returning home I have taken advantage of some much needed rest & family time.

I realize I failed to forward along my post regarding Kevin Ash…:
“I have received a number of questions regarding the tragic death of Motorcycle Journalist Kevin Ash in South Africa.

I did not know him personally, but have come to know that Kevin was a well known and loved member of the motorcycle industry. The people close to Kevin have described him as charismatically friendly, witty, and wise. Suffice to say, the feeling of loss is palpable. I am unable to find words that will appropriately describe my heartbreak for Kevin, his friends, colleagues, wife and 3 daughters.

I am certain the how’s and why’s in regards to the accident are forthcoming. In the meantime, please raise a glass in homage to a great man. He will be missed.”
I have been trying to wrap my head around what happened. It is never easy to lose someone in our world of motorcycle riding… But in the instance of Kevin, I am stricken by the parallels of our chosen paths in life; career motorcycle enthusiasts with a wife and kids at home. This has plucked a chord within me that commands my waking thoughts.

For me, this has been cause for some soul searching and private reflection. I remain in need of answers regarding Kevin’s death, and with you, will be watching with great interest as the details surface. In the meantime, I am compelled to continue reporting to this forum in the manner originally intended… That is, to offer up thoughts on the new BMW R 1200 GS Motorcycle I have had the distinct opportunity to ride. That is, it you are still interested…!

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words. Be safe out there. Rock on!

- Rosalia de Castro
ShawnWorks is offline   Reply With Quote