View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #4459
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Amen.

In the Porsche world I was recently reminded of how poor the day to day drivability was of the 1969-era Porsche 911's. Today's cars must have something like triple the horsepower and your trophy wife can drive them to go shopping. Or drive them down to the yacht club when she meets with her young boyfriend ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
+1

While I wasn't around in the 60's I can't imagine the bikes of the 60's and 70's being reliable enough to trek thousands of miles at a time. Hey, maybe they were...I am still all for the electronic stuff on a bike....sure, my TPM might blow someday but it isn't going to let me sit. And if my uber expensive to repair ESA dies, well, it still isn't something to let me stranded.

At the end of the day, if these things are too expensive or too glitchy for you to entertain thoughts of having on a motorcycle, then don't buy them or don't stray off the super-slab highway. Reality is, you better get used to technology and just embrace the inevitability.....or slink into the cracks of old curmudgeon-ness.

'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote