- Could not recommend the mod for undamaged frames
- The supporting frame jig is still in place & may be required for some time yet. Cosmetically ugly.
- The area where the damage has been repaired is missing supporting cabling (noticeable dent in the bodywork), but appears to be becoming work hardened.
- The frame has good straight line stability, but no good if thrown into bends. (Think a Harley with floorboards).
- Seated positioning is fine for a limited time (DRZ seat).
- Performs better once on the move.
- Side & centre stands are weak & collapse if asked to support the frame stand still for any length of time.
- Overall, the frame is noticeably slower than pre-repair & is lacking endurance - but appears to be improving as mileage increases
- Fuel overflow still has some sporadic issues, which creates a feedback loop, overheats the engine, & slows the whole system down.
The longest break I’ve had from work for 17 years…
And I don't have to do the dishes, or make the bed...