View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #3899
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
I am REALLY thinking about having some shields made up that add about 1-2" in height over stock, but have a curve at the top edge. I suspect this would solve 90% of users problems while keeping the adjustability of the current system. I like the shape of the shield except for the last 2". Not a big fan of what Calsci did with theirs.

Maybe an adapter setup for Givi's screen for the pre-NTX?
I cut a piece of Lexan and used some Dual-lock that I had laying around to attach it to the top of the stock NTX screen. It added about 2 1/2" to the overall height of the stock screen. If anything, that was worse than stock! Not sure why, but my guess is it just added to the negative pressure behind the stocker and therefore increased the buffeting. The MRA wing, on the other hand, allows the wind to get behind it, which seems to throw the main flow of air over the top of my head, very much like a Laminar Lip (which I had on my Ducati and it was horrible ).

The evening commute home will be the real test of the Xcreen. I'm usually riding into a 15-20mph headwind and with the stock screen all the way up it can really cause my helmet to vibrate. I'm hoping my high speed test this morning simulated my 70mph + 20mph headwind ride home and it will be smooooooth.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote