View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #7395
djb_rh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafman60 View Post
DJB RH , that's a great-looking rig you got there !
Thanks.

I do have to say, though, that I owe nearly all of it to this thread. Most of the mods were downright copied by what others have already done. My only original contribution to this one is the beefy tail rack and more yellow.

It's funny, because I think the previous owner of the bike was already following along doing many of the same mods that others on this thread were doing. He then sold me the bike and it included some parts that I had NO IDEA what they were. It wasn't until reading through the threads here that I found out...it was stuff like the CNC cut (but still unfinished raw metal!) protectors for the brake and shifter areas! So I have other inmates fabrication efforts to thank (and I don't think some of these parts are available from those original sources any more) as well as just the great ideas of different products to put together to get to this point.

Time to start planning this summer's trip back to Colorado, methinks! This time I vow to ALWAYS have my GoPro ON ME and READY. I swear I rode through some BIBLICAL stuff on the last trip, and the words just don't do it all justice...but the bike just soaked it all up and made it seem nearly easy...once I reflected a bit. :)

--Donnie