View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #551
NomadGal OP
aka SoulDreamRider

Oddometer: 838
I'm in Alabama! Yay!
Left camp and NoMoIke at 10 AM this morn, and rode alone the coast into Alabama.
The scenery didn't change between the states, white sand, blue ocean and empty vacation homes all along the shore.
If I got a buck for each "available for Rent" sign, I could buy a new KLR! Guessing it's off season.
Took the ferry from gulf shores to Dauphin island. Cool little ferry, I was the only vehicle on board. Felt like a queen, LOL!
The captain bumped into the wood pole in the water and almost sent Spirit and I sprawling on the deck. Luckily I held her, and the ship's mate grabbed her too.
Once I got to dauphin island I checked out the camping, but it was chuck full with RVs and expensive.
So off I went, north toward Hwy188 when I saw a McD in Bayou la Batre.
I hadn't planned on stopping, but a little voice in my head said, go online and see if you can find a campsite, or maybe an ADVer nearby. Sure enough, Nanohiccup was about half hour north of where I was.
I figured I could try and see if he answered, if not I would find a campground.
Sure enough he did, and I'm about to head over there. Cool! A hot shower sounds awesome, not that a baby wipes bath is not productive, still...........
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote