01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Originally Posted by LaurelPerryOnLand
100 THREADS all GS/GSA owners should read. #19
COPY and PRINT and take with you in your tools:
Fuel Pump Controller BYPASS Installation Instructions
1. Remove the left side gas tank cover.
2. Remove the black fuel pump cover.
3. With a small flat screw driver...pry open the retaining clip and remove the power to the fuel pump controller (
4. With a torx socket (size T-20) remove the screws that are holding the fuel pump controller to the top of the fuel pump.
5. On the rear screw...I found it easier to use a torx T-20 screw driver.
6. With a small screw driver...pry up the fuel pump controller. Look inside and you'll see the BLUE connector.
7. Use your screwdriver to squeeze the tabs on the blue connector to make it easier to remove.
8. Now...take your fuel bypass pump cable and align that connector to the top of the fuel pump connector...and connect it.
9. Insert the Powerlet connector into your accessory socket.
10. Now...start the bike.
11. Tuck the cable under the side covers...so they're out of the way.
12. You're back on the road.